Unfortunately due to the expected very high temperatures and after advice from our Vet we have regrettably cancelled the dog show for this year. We are sure you all understand.
Well it looks as though its going to be a scorcher this year so we are taking steps to help you keep cool. There is lots of shade in the garden, we are adding more and we will ensure we have extra cold drinks available for all.
NHS advise in this weather is
Sun safety tips
Make sure you:
- spend time in the shade between 11am and 3pm
- make sure you never burn
- cover up with suitable clothing and sunglasses
- take extra care with children
- use at least factor 15 sunscreen
Preventing heat exhaustion and heat stroke
There is a high risk of heat exhaustion or heat stroke during hot weather or exercise.
To help prevent heat exhaustion or heat stroke:
- drink plenty of cold drinks, especially when exercising
- take cool baths or showers
- wear light-coloured, loose clothing
- sprinkle water over skin or clothes
- avoid the sun between 11am and 3pm
- avoid excess alcohol
- avoid extreme exercise
This will also prevent dehydration and help your body keep itself cool.